At the intersection of SOMA, the Mission and Potrero Hill lies “Best of the Bay” winning dance club, Mighty. It is within these walls that we hosted our second installment of the wild 1930’s theme party on Feb. 15, 2014 with live vocal performances by Lafa Taylor, heavy bass beats by VibeSquaD, and a fun glitch set by ♥ Jocelyn. We were able to feature 2 rooms of music for the entire course of the evening, so there were different vibes to choose from.
Here is a short video recap of the evening!
Knockout (pun intended) burlesque and cirque-style performances were given by:
* Suzil Von Schulpt (burlesque)
* Sasha Va Boom (fan dancing)
* Analisa Nelson (bellydancing)
* Gitsie Glitters (burlesque)
* Stiletta Maraschino (burlesque)
* Nina Sawant & Jorge Varela (aerial silks)
* Natalie Rhae (pole acrobatics)
* Hunny Bunnah (burlesque / contortion)
Our costume contest winners were Josh & Andrea Firks, an adorable married couple who wore matching pinstripe black and white gangster getups. They won a custom flask and the latest state-of-the-art bluetooth speaker by Jawbone. It’s a good thing they were a couple because they can share both prizes, although next time we might give two flasks or two speakers instead, what do you think?